Be not afraid, only believe
We had a long four day weekend so we were lucky enough to get to spend time with some of our family. My kids always love playing with their cousins and I love getting to spend time with my sisters. We always love to make a craft but rarely ever do since we are usually busy entertaining the kids! However this get together was different. Our kids are getting old enough that they don’t need moms input as much. So we decided it was time for a craft! My sister shared this beautiful quote found in Mark 5:36, Be not afraid, only believe. This past week we saw on the news that there was another school shooting. As a mother it is hard enough to sleep at night worrying about things that are out of my control, so when I see something like this my mommy brain goes into overdrive. I’m so grateful for this scripture reminder to have faith and believe.
We started out our project with:
- A 12X16 canvas that we sealed with clear spray paint. This is an important step because your vinyl won’t stick to the canvas without it.
- I used my (psst… affiliate link ahead) Silhouette Cameo 3 to design and cut my vinyl phrase out.
- We applied our phrase to the canvas and decided it needed a frame.
- We quickly cut, sanded and stained some 1×2 boards. I think the longest part of the whole process was waiting for the stain to dry!
- Using my husbands nail gun we constructed our frames. (and had a few laughs as we were trying to hold everything together and not shoot a nail through someone’s hand!)
Our finished product turned out beautifully and I’m excited to hang this up in our home.
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I’ve been up to. What quotes bring you comfort and peace or just make you happy? I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment below and remember if you like it share it!