Instant Pot Italian Soup
Oh dinnertime, how you have the ability to ruin my day, especially when I have nothing planned! I recently joined the pressure cooking movement. I had heard so many good things about them that I finally jumped on board. Today I am sharing my Instant Pot Italian Soup Recipe. This is a quick and easy recipe for those busy days.
I decided to go with a (psst…affiliate link ahead) six quart Instant Pot. There are tons of sizes and brands out there so look around for the best deal! This one is working great for our family of six! The nice thing about the Instant Pot is that you can use pretty much any recipe and speed up the cooking time. Huge lifesaver in a busy moms life! It’s also great for all those one pot recipes.
This was such an easy recipe to revise, I just followed the directions for another soup recipe that came in my Instant Pot Cookbook. I actually made it two days in a row because my oldest son had his wisdom teeth pulled and kept requesting it. Thank goodness it was so easy!
I hope you enjoy my Instant Pot Italian Soup Recipe and give it a try soon. I would love to hear if you do, so leave a comment letting me know! If you like it share it.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 3 cups Chicken Stock (or more if you like a lot of broth)
- 1 medium Russet Potato cubed
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
- 2 cups Chopped Spinach
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream (or more for desired creaminess)
- Instant Pot Directions I started by browning my Italian sausage on sauté until browned. Then I added my chicken stock, diced potatoes, salt, and red pepper. Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 5 minutes. When the time is done do a quick release. Once pressure has released open the lid. Add spinach and heavy cream. At this point you can turn your sauté option back on to make sure the soup is heated through. It only takes a minute since you don't want it to boil.
- Brown the sausage, add the chicken stock, potato, salt, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat until the potatoes are tender. Add the spinach and heavy cream. Heat through but do not boil.
Leave a Reply